I was recently nominated for the One Lovely Blog Award! How exciting! BIG big thank you to The Landy for nominating me…you’re makin me blush 🙂 It absolutely thrills me to know people are enjoying the silly things I ramble on about!
Let’s see…rules, rules…thank the person who nominated you aaaanddd…right, 7 things about myself!
Geez, I don’t even know. We all know much I love lists, you think this would be easy.
1. I live for travel. Whether I actually like to or not, I usually travel nearly broke. I just get so caught up in the idea of going somewhere that I buy a ticket the second I have enough money to do so before remembering that I will actually have to spend money to survive when I get there. Strange as it sounds, I sometimes thrive on that kind of stress when I travel….it keeps things interesting. (I will admit that sometimes it would be nice to be financially sound and have money to spend on frivolous, touristy fun things)
2. I love and appreciate my family more than I show it. I’m not very onto it when it comes to showing emotion or even appreciation face to face, but I think my family is the very best, especially my mom. Despite how much other mothers question how she does it, she lets me go do my thing. Even if she isn´t a fan of me deciding on a whim to travel to a third world country, she let’s me do it without any attempts at guilt tripping me or *trying* to tell me I can’t…now that´s love.
3. I’ve been walking through the rain all day and I smell like a wet dog. I think I should be concerned by this…should wet people smell like wet dogs?
4. This summer I fell in love with slot canyon hikes…they are quite possibly my favorite things.
5. I am a
horrible excellent procrastinator. I even procrastinated with this post! I was nominated for this award days ago (sorry for the delay).
6. I love wine. Especially red wine.
7. There are many things that annoy me, but I have one major pet peeve: loud chewing (and sometimes loud breathing). I shudder involuntarily when I hear chewing. People must think I’m a little bit crazy when we are all sitting around having a feed and I start humming to myself or trying to subtly put a hand over my ear when the person next to me is particularly loud. Hearing both the saliva and food rolling around in someone’s mouth is the most nauseating sound in the world. I would rather listen to fingernails on a chalkboard. I have a hard time eating bananas because I can hear myself chewing them. There’s a name for this madness, but it’s not coming to mind.
Now that I have completed the most eclectic about me list, it’s on to the nominations!
I’m not entirely sure on what the exact rules are for this Lovely Blog Award, and I have a feeling I won’t follow all of them in this post. For starters..some of these blogs aren’t even wordpress blogs. Does that matter? Either way, they are awesome blogs and I love them. Whether it be through photography, content, or writing style these blogs make me smile, make me laugh, make me think, and inspire me:
(Somehow this post was more difficult than anticipated, it took a lot longer as well. Oops.)