Welcome back to the 30 Topic Blog Challenge! As you have probably figured out if you read my blog, my follow through on things is horrendous. I start these projects thinking yes. I can do this. I totally have time! This will be awesome. and then life gets in the way and I realize I am obviously not a professional blogger and no I can’t do it and suddenly my 30 topics in 30 days becomes just….a topic once in a blue moon. BUT I am actually ahead of the game here at work for once and everything is finished and I have free time and I have the motivation and I want to listen to music so let’s do this!
My thoughts on mainstream music.
I am most certainly not up to date on popular mainstream music so after some extensive research I found out which songs are killin it in America right now. I decided to listen to the top 20 and provide brief commentary.
- The Hills- The Weeknd: What. America how is this the number one song what’s wrong with you? His hair looks stupid.
- What Do You Mean?- Justin Beiber: What do you mean this is number two?! First of all his hair makes me want to puke. Why do boys all have weird hair now? And secondly this song sounds kinda…autotuned and….lame. I guess if you listen to it a few times it could be alright maybe. But don’t ever watch the video because just don’t. It’s stupid.
- Can’t Feel My Face- The Weeknd; This guy again? Ok this song is pretty catchy. I don’t know why he can’t feel his face but I kinda like it.
- Hotline Bling- Drake: There’s no words….? Oh no wait wrong link. Yeahnope I hate it. He just sounds all whiney because he left town and this girl has clearly moved on and his ego can’t handle it. Next.
- Watch Me- Silento: At first I thought noooope but..now I like it a little. It’s fun. It’s like that song Happy-you can listen for maybe half the song and then its like nope I’m done that enough.
- 679- Fetty Wap ft Remy Boyz: I don’t not like it…I don’t get why it’s in the top 20.
- Locked Away- R. City ft Adam Levine: Yaaaaaassssss! I love this one so much so far it should be #1 on this stupid list.
- Good For You- Selena Gomez: I kind of like her voice but that baby face…I can’t listen to it and watch the video I feel like I’m watching someone’s little sister trying to act too sexy for her age and it makes me feel weird.
- Cheerleader- OMI: Eh..yeah? Nah? I dunno…it’s pretty slow it’s not really a dancing song but almost? I don’t know how I feel about this one.
- Wildest Dreams- Taylor Swift: I….I like it.
General overall feelings? Not into it. You guys….come on we can do better than this! Most songs these days just feel shallow and usually derogatory. Don’t get me wrong if I’m out drinking in a club and a remix of this type of music comes on I’ll still dance to it because alcohol and a dance floor. However, in general I don’t think I’m really a fan of what’s hot right now.
**UPDATE: I just noticed that at the beginning of the post I said the top 20 and yet I only did the top 10. I proved my own point in this very blog post! Unbelievable. That’s actually a little embarrassing.